Minerals are the spark plugs of life because they are required to activate thousands of enzyme reactions within the body. Minerals are crucial for energy production, fluid balance, normal growth, the formation and activation of hormones, bone formation, the rate of healing, and the health and balance of every cell and tissue in the body. Minerals also function as co-enzymes and enzyme activators. A healthy balance of minerals will keep many diseases at bay.
Many of us suffer from mineral deficiencies because it is hard to monitor their intake, even on a healthy diet. Minerals have to come from the soil. Plants can produce vitamins, but they cannot produce minerals by themselves – they can only obtain those from the soil. If the mineral is not in the soil, it cannot possibly be in the plant.
Mineral imbalances and deficiencies essentially affect every tissue in the body and can be a major factor in many ailments and diseases. Because minerals help to regulate so many functions in our body, symptoms of mineral deficiency vary greatly. Depending on which mineral is lacking imbalances can cause everything from anaemia, insomnia, muscle pain and fatigue, to kidney stones, liver cirrhosis, panic attacks and infertility.
There are many reasons for mineral imbalances to occur:
- Mental, physical and emotional stress, can contribute to mineral imbalances. The body uses more minerals when in a state of stress.
- Exposure to heavy metals such as mercury, lead, aluminium and other environmental toxins such as automobile exhaust, cigarette smoke, industrial pollution and commonly used household products. All these pollutants can impact mineral absorption and utilization affecting the delicate metabolic balance of mineral levels and ratios in the body.
- The use of prescription medications can either increase or decrease mineral levels by affecting the metabolism of these minerals.
- Excessive intake of processed foods, over consumption of refined carbohydrates and heavily processed fats and oils or diets that focus on too few food groups can lead to mineral imbalances.
- Inherited genetic patterns can give a predisposition towards mineral imbalances. Genetic patterns can exist that contribute to mineral deficiencies and excesses.
How Do I Know if I am Deficient in Minerals?
An easy and non-invasive way to determine your mineral levels is to do a Hair Test or Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA). HTMA is a laboratory test that measures mineral content present in the hair. The mineral content of the hair can give an overview of the mineral levels in the body’s tissues and the changes that occur over time.
Hair is a living, metabolically active tissue, so an accurate hair mineral analysis performed by a reliable laboratory can provide the health conscious consumer with valuable information including:
• Low levels of minerals in the hair are often a reflection of low levels in the body as hair stores minerals in circulation.
• The hair analysis is a also a good way to determine whether the body is absorbing and utilizing minerals correctly.
We are now able to offer you hair testing via our site. The HMD HAIR TEST is being conducted by a reputed laboratory in the US which is renowned for working with doctors and medical practitioners in 46 countries. The HMD Hair Test includes a full report as well as personalized explanations and recommendations by Dr. Georgiou.
We are also pleased to be offering you selected minerals on our site. All the minerals provided here are pure, elemental minerals or liquid ionic minerals that are far easier to absorb than those in pill form. Unlike minerals in pill form, liquid minerals do not need to be dissolved and digested in the gut – they are absorbed directly through the stomach and into the blood stream making them highly bio-available. Our minerals are supplied by WHS, a small, dedicated, family run business. They produce minerals of the highest quality, which Dr. Georgiou has been using in his clinic for many years with great success. All our minerals are highly concentrated, so one bottle will last you many months.
We are currently offering the following:
AND MANY MORE!
Please see our complete range here.