Do You Have Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity?25th August 2022 2022-08-29 21:46
Do You Have Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity?
Do You Have Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity?
Do You Have Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity?
Do you have unexplained fatigue, stomach and gut issues, brain fog, confusion, anxiety, depression, joint pains, or an autoimmune disease?
If you have these symptoms without understanding the cause, then there is a probability that you are suffering from heavy metal toxicity.
Heavy metal toxicity is the accumulation of heavy metals in the tissues of the body, and over time these will call symptoms.
Heavy metal toxicity is associated with many chronic symptoms and an increased risk of some diseases.
Some commonly reported symptoms are:
- Stomach pain and gastrointestinal symptoms
- Brain fog, memory loss, and confusion
- High or low blood pressure
- Mood and behaviour changes, including depression and anxiety
- Joint pain
What Does the Research Show?
Those are just a few of the symptoms, and symptoms vary depending on the type of metal that is causing the problem. Further research has shown:
- Occupational exposure to lead, mostly to farmers using pesticides or herbicides, was associated with a 50% relative increase in the risk of developing neurological disorders of Alzheimer’s disease or ALS/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis .
- Mercury dental amalgams may slightly increase the risk of multiple sclerosis .
- Low levels of exposure to arsenic, lead, cadmium, and copper were associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure [11, 12].
- Exposure to cadmium showed a moderately increased risk of death from all causes .
- Heavy metal toxicity has been associated with an increased risk of some cancers, such as lung and kidney cancers [3, 8].
So, it is clear from scientific studies that heavy metals can cause a myriad of symptoms and diseases, and should not be allowed to accumulate over time. Even very small doses over time will accumulate in the cells and organs of the body and disrupt their metabolic functioning.
What are the Sources of Heavy Metals?
Let’s take a closer look at each heavy metal, where they are found, and the most common symptoms associated with each one. There are so many sources and symptoms for each metal that we have put them into a table format to make it easier to assimilate and reference.
SOURCES & SYMPTOMS OF HEAVY METALS
|SOURCES||SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
|ALUMINIUM||Alum, aluminium foil, animal feed, antacids, aspirin, auto exhaust, baking powder, beer, bleached flour, cans, ceramics, cheese, cigarette filters, colour additives, construction materials, cookware, cosmetics, dental amalgams, deodorants, drinking water, drying agents, dust, insulated wiring, medicinal compounds, milk products, nasal spray, pesticides, pollution, salt, tap water, tobacco smoke, toothpaste, treated water, vanilla powder.||ALS, Alzheimer’s, anaemia, appetite loss, behavioural problems, cavities, colds, colitis, confusion, constipation, dementia, dry mouth, dry skin, energy loss, excessive perspiration, flatulence, headaches, heartburn, hyperactivity, inhibition of enzyme systems, kidney dysfunction, lowered immune function, learning disabilities, leg twitching, liver dysfunction, memory loss, neuro-muscular disorders, numbness, osteoporosis, paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, peptic ulcer, psychosis, reduced intestinal activity, senility, skin problems, spleen pain, stomach pain, weak and aching muscles|
|ARSENIC||Burning of arsenate-treated building materials, coal combustion, insect sprays, pesticides, soils arsenic-rich), seafood from coastal waters, especially mussels, oysters, and shrimp||Abdominal pain, anorexia, brittle nails, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, chronic anaemia, burning in mouth/oesophagus / stomach/bowel, confusion, convulsions, dermatitis, drowsiness, enzyme inhibition, garlicky odour to breath/stool, hair loss, headaches, hyper-pigmentation of nails and skin, increased risk of liver / lung / skin cancers, low grade fever, mucous in nose and throat, muscle aches / spasms / weakness, nervousness, respiratory tract infection, swallowing difficulty, sweet metallic taste, throat constriction|
|BERRYLIUM||Coal burning, manufacturing, household products, industrial dust||Disturbance of calcium and vitamin D metabolism, magnesium depletion, lung cancer, lung infection, rickets, vital organ dysfunction|
Airborne industrial contaminants, batteries, candy, ceramics, cigarette smoke, colas, congenital intoxication, copper refineries, copper alloys, dental alloys, drinking water, electroplating, fertilizers, food from contaminated soil, fungicides, incineration of tires / rubber / plastic, instant coffee, iron roofs, kidney, liver, marijuana, processed meat, evaporated milk, motor oil, oysters, paint, pesticides, galvanised pipes, processed foods, refined grains / flours cereals, rubber, rubber carpet backing, sea foods (cod, haddock, oyster, tuna), sewage, silver polish, smelters, soft water, solders (including in food cans), tobacco, vending machine soft drinks, tools, vapour lamps, water (city, softened, well), welding metal
Alcoholism, alopecia, anaemia, arthritis (osteo and rheumatoid), bone disease, bone pain in middle of bones, cancer, cardiovascular disease, cavities, cerebral hemorrhage, cirrhosis, diabetes, digestive disturbances, emphysema, enlarged heart, flu-like symptoms, growth impairment, headaches, high cholesterol, hyperkinetic behaviour, hypertension, hypoglycemia, impotence, inflammation, infertility, kidney disease, learning disorders, liver damage, lung disease, migraines, nerve cell damage, osteoporosis, prostate dysfunction, reproductive disorders, schizophrenia, stroke
|COPPER||Birth control pills, congenital intoxication, copper cookware, copper IUDs, copper pipes, dental alloys, fungicides, ice makers, industrial emissions, insecticides, swimming pools, water (city / well), welding, avocado, beer, bluefish, bone meal, chocolate, corn oil, crabs, gelatin, grains, lamb, liver, lobster, margarine, milk, mushrooms, nuts, organ meats, oysters, perch, seeds, shellfish, soybeans, tofu, wheat germ, yeast||Acne, adrenal insufficiency, allergies, alopecia, anemia, anorexia, anxiety, arthritis (osteo & rheumatoid), autism, cancer, chills, cystic fibrosis, depression, diabetes, digestive disorders, dry mouth, dysinsulinism, oestrogen dominance, fatigue, fears, fractures, fungus, heart attack, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Hodgkin’s disease, hyperactivity, hypertension, hyperthyroid, low hydrochloric acid, hypoglycemia, infections, inflammation, insomnia, iron loss, jaundice, kidney disorders, libido decreased, lymphoma, mental illness, migraines, mood swings, multiple sclerosis, myocardial infarction, nausea, nervousness, osteoporosis, pancreatic dysfunction, panic attacks, paranoia, phobias, PMS, schizophrenia, senility, sexual dysfunction, spacey feeling, stuttering, stroke, tooth decay, toxaemia of pregnancy, urinary tract infections, yeast infections|
|LEAD||Ash, auto exhaust, battery manufacturing, bone meal, canned fruit and juice, car batteries, cigarette smoke, coal combustion, colored inks, congenital intoxication, cosmetics, eating utensils, electroplating, household dust, glass production, hair dyes, industrial emissions, lead pipes, lead-glazed earthenware pottery, liver, mascara, metal polish, milk, newsprint, organ meats, paint, pencils, pesticides, produce near roads, putty, rain water, pvc containers, refineries, smelters, snow, tin cans with lead solder sealing (such as juices, vegetables), tobacco, toothpaste, toys, water (city / well), wine||Abdominal pain, adrenal insufficiency, allergies, anemia, anorexia, anxiety, arthritis (rheumatoid and osteo), attention deficit disorder, autism, back pain, behavioural disorders, blindness, cardiovascular disease, cartilage destruction, coordination loss, concentration loss, constipation, convulsions, deafness, depression, dyslexia, emotional instability, encephalitis, epilepsy, fatigue, gout, hallucinations, headaches, hostility, hyperactivity, hypertension, hypothyroid, impotence, immune suppression, decreased IQ, indigestion, infertility, insomnia, irritability, joint pain, kidney disorders, learning disability, liver dysfunction, loss of will, memory loss (long term), menstrual problems, mood swings, muscle aches, muscle weakness, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, myelopathy (spinal cord pathology), nausea, nephritis, nightmares, numbness, Parkinson’s disease, peripheral neuropathies, psychosis, psychomotor dysfunction, pyorrhea, renal dysfunction, restlessness, retardation, schizophrenia, seizures, sterility, stillbirths, sudden infant death syndrome, tingling, tooth decay, vertigo, unintentional weight loss|
|MERCURY||Adhesives, air conditioner filters, algaecides, antiseptics, battery manufacturing, body powders, broken thermometers, burning newspapers and building materials, calomel lotions, cereals, congenital intoxication, cosmetics, dental amalgams, diuretics, fabric softeners, felt, floor waxes, fungicides, germicides, grains, industrial waste, insecticides, laxatives, lumber, manufacture of paper and chlorine, medications, mercurochrome, paints, paper products, pesticides, photoengraving, polluted water, Preparation H, psoriasis ointment, seafoods (especially tuna and swordfish), sewage disposal, skin lightening creams, soft contact lens solution, suppositories, tanning leather, tattooing, water (contaminated), wood preservatives||Adrenal dysfunction, allergy, alopecia, anorexia, anxiety, birth defects, blushing, brain damage, cataracts, cerebral palsy, poor coordination / jerky movements, deafness, depression, dermatitis, discouragement, dizziness, drowsiness, eczema, emotional disturbances, excess saliva, fatigue, gum bleeding and soreness, headaches (band type), hearing loss, hyperactivity, hypothyroidism, forgetfulness, immune dysfunction, insomnia, irritability, joint pain, kidney damage, loss of self-control, memory loss, mental retardation, metallic taste, migraines, nervousness, nerve fibre degeneration, numbness, pain in limbs, rashes, retinitis, schizophrenia, shyness, speech disorders, suicidal tendencies, tingling, tremors (eyelids, lips, tongue, fingers, extremities), vision loss, weakness|
|NICKEL||Butter, fertilizers, food processing, fuel oil combustion, hydrogenated fats and oils, imitation whipped cream, industrial waste, kelp, margarine, nuclear device testing, oysters, stainless steel cookware, tea, tobacco smoke, unrefined grains and cereals, vegetable shortening||Anorexia, kidney dysfunction, apathy, disruption of hormone and lipid metabolism, fever, haemorrhages, headache, heart attack, intestinal cancer, low blood pressure, muscle tremors, nausea, oral cancer, skin problems, vomiting|
|Download table in PDF format|
When to Suspect Heavy Metal Toxicity
From my extensive experience with seeing many patients over the years, probably the most prominent symptoms of heavy metal toxicity are:
- Brain fog
- Poor concentration
- Fatigue and a general malaise
- Endocrine disturbances
- Autoimmune diseases
- Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, gas, heartburn, indigestion heartburn, and indigestion
- Nervous system malfunctions — burning extremities, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and/or an electrifying feeling throughout the body
- Chronic pain throughout the muscles and tendons or any soft tissues of the body
There are many more symptoms that are not mentioned above, but generally if you suffer from any unexplained symptoms, then maybe it would be good to check out your heavy metal status.
Testing your Heavy Metal Load
There are a number of tests that can be used to determine the level of toxic metals leaving the body. Urine and faeces tests, but this would require collecting samples after being injected with a chemical chelator.
This would need to be done in a doctor’s office and is generally expensive and a snapshot of what metals are leaving the body at that moment in time.
A simpler test that can also give good results is the Tissue Hair Mineral Analysis, which is self-administered and very easy to conduct.
The HMD HAIR MINERAL ANALYSIS AND TOXIC METALS TEST is a real innovation in health testing, using Inductively Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectrometers which are capable of detecting parts per billion levels. It tests the hair shaft for a variety of minerals, trace elements, and heavy metals are measured, such as the following:
- 8 toxic or heavy metals (antimony, arsenic, aluminium, beryllium, cadmium, lead, mercury, uranium)
- 29 minerals and trace elements (calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, iron, manganese, chromium, selenium, boron, cobalt, molybdenum, sulphur, germanium, barium, bismuth, rubidium, lithium, nickel, platinum, thallium, vanadium, strontium, tin, titanium, tungsten, zirconium)
- Ratios of minerals such as calcium/phosphorus, sodium/potassium, calcium/potassium, zinc/copper, sodium/magnesium, calcium/magnesium, iron/copper
- Ratios of toxic metals to minerals such as calcium/lead, iron/lead, iron/mercury, selenium/mercury, zinc/cadmium, zinc/mercury, sulphur/mercury, sulphur/cadmium, sulphur/lead.
Once the laboratory receives your hair sample and returns the results, we will send you a full personal report of your detailed test results (about 10 – 12 pages) so that you can improve your health status.
How Can I Eliminate Heavy Metals from My Body?
- Avoid Sources of Toxins
The first law of toxicology is “eliminate the source of toxins.” So, begin making some lifestyle changes such as eating more organic foods, eliminating large fish full of mercury, stopping smoking loaded with cadmium, drinking clean water, exercising and sweating, and more.
2. Alkaline Detoxification Diet
Go for the 15-Day Alkaline Detox Diet – simply eat as much salad, steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, stir-fry veggies, or baked in an oven, eat nuts and seeds and plenty of fruit including avocados and coconuts.
3. Drink Plenty of Water
Water is a solvent, and it dissolves toxins to help their elimination from the body.
Your heavy metal toxic load will increase If you do not drink enough water.
Plan on drinking at least 2 litres of mineral water daily. Never drink chlorinated water from the tap as chlorine is itself a toxin.
4. Eat Plenty of Detox Foods
Heavy metal elimination can also be facilitated by eating foods that can help the detoxification pathways of the body.
Here are just some of the important foods to add to your diet on a regular basis:
- CILANTRO or Coriander (Coriander sativum) is a powerful heavy metal eliminator and is helpful in removing neurotoxins, such as mercury, from the body.
- BLUEBERRIES – consuming blueberry extract may help detox heavy metals from the brains’ lymphatics and detoxify the brain by inhibiting a particular protein that blocks the brains’ cleansing process.
- LEMONS – lemon juice is especially helpful in detoxing lead from the body. A daily dose of vitamin C can reduce blood lead levels.
- CHLORELLA – like cilantro, chlorella helps the body detox from neurotoxins such as mercury, lead and cadmium.
- GARLIC – garlic and onions both contain sulphur, which helps in the detoxification pathways of the liver. It can help eliminate arsenic and lead from the body by boosting the production of glutathione, the body’s most powerful detoxification enzyme.
- BEETS – beets have been known to help the liver eliminate toxins. One study found that rats given beetroot juice saw an increase in liver detoxifying enzymes, such as glutathione, which are important for the body’s antioxidant defence.
- TURMERIC – The active compound of turmeric, curcumin, helps protect the body after mercury exposure when consumed regularly. Curcumin can also reduce the damage to the liver and the kidneys caused by mercury, while also increasing detoxifying liver enzymes such as glutathione levels.
Try the HMD Detox Smoothie – prepare this in a blender:
- 3 chopped Carrots
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 2 caps Chlorella
- 45 drops of HMD
- 25 drops of LAVAGE
Drinking at least one of these super detox smoothies daily is enough to keep heavy metal loads at a very low level.
5. Avoid Toxic Foods
Avoiding foods that tend to be high in heavy metals is another step to reducing your toxic load,
These foods would include:
- Rice, because it often contains arsenic, and brown or organic rice contains twice as much as it is stored in the bran. Avoid feeding babies rice formula too.
- Large fish high up on the food chain contain more mercury than other fish – tuna, swordfish, bluefin tuna and shark.
- Certain alcoholic drinks such as non-organic wines can be saturated with pesticide residues full of heavy metals.
- Non-organic foods are likely to contain heavy metals from the pesticides, fungicides and artificial fertilisers used.6. Supplements to Support Detoxification
We have already looked at the benefit of turmeric, chlorella and vitamin C in supporting the detoxification pathways.
Other supplements would include N-Acetyl Cysteine, which is a precursor of glutathione production. Keeping glutathione levels high is going to optimize the detoxification pathways of elimination, which is critical for optimal detox.
6. Use a Heavy Metal Detox Protocol that Really Works
Amongst the hundreds of different products sold online, literally none have any type of science to back their claims.
HMD or “Heavy Metal Detox” is a well-researched, safe and gentle heavy metal detox supplement.
HMD is a broad-spectrum heavy metal chelator and can remove aluminium, arsenic, antimony, cadmium, lead, mercury, nickel, and uranium from the body.
What Natural Heavy Metal Detox Supplements Really Work?
When in doubt, look at the science! Amongst the hundreds of different products sold online, literally none have any type of science to back their claims.
One natural, heavy metal detox supplement that stands out is called HMD, which stands for Heavy Metal Detox.
What is HMD?
HMD has been scientifically tested using 350 people and has been shown to be effective at eliminating a wide spectrum of heavy metals.
HMD has been shown to effectively remove heavy metals from the body, such as aluminium, arsenic, antimony, cadmium, lead, mercury, nickel, and uranium.
HMD has undergone rigorous scientific testing. It took 3 years of clinical trials costing over $1 million to identify the unique HMD formula, shown to detox heavy metals naturally from the body.
Thousands of people are enjoying the benefit of Dr. Georgiou’s Heavy Metal Detox protocol every day; we hope you will become one of them!
What is Dr. Georgiou’s Heavy Metal Detox Protocol?
This protocol is very simple to use as it consists of 3 separate ingredients as follows – it is sold as the HMD ULTIMATE DETOX PACK:
- HMD – this is the main intracellular heavy metal detox chelator that “pulls” metals from inside the cell to the outer mesenchyme. This is a critical part of Dr. Georgiou’s Heavy Metal Detox protocol and it cannot work without the HMD.
- HMD ORGANIC CHLORELLA – this is toxic-free chlorella harvested from the pristine mountain lakes of Taiwan. It helps to “grab” the heavy metals outside the cell and eliminate them from the body.
- HMD LAVAGE – this is a “drainage” herbal remedy that helps to open up the elimination channels of the body by helping to upregulate the detoxification pathways of the liver, kidneys, and lymphatics while cleaning the blood.
It is quite simple to take – here are the adult dosages:
HMD – 45 drops x 3 times daily – add to a little water and drink away from meals
HMD LAVAGE – take 25 drops x 3 times daily – can mix in the same glass as the HMD
HMD ORGANIC CHLORELLA – take 2 caps x 2 times daily, morning and evening, with meals.
Following these guidelines will greatly reduce your heavy metal load and help to prevent, and treat, many of the signs and symptoms related to heavy metal toxicity.
Dr. George Georgiou, Ph.D.,N.D.,D.Sc (AM).,M.Sc.,B.Sc
HMD Researcher and Inventor